Basic Rules and Regulations Governing all GAPS Fisheries
(Also see rules governing individual fisheries in the membership books)
- No fires .
- No fuel burning lamps.
- No fish to taken away or brought to fisheries (except Dead Sea fish bait).
- No live-baiting with fish on any Society water. (Ratified at the 2004 AGM).
- All swims to be kept clear of litter always.
- Do not dig away banks or interfere with trees or plants of any kind.
- Fishing from numbered pegs only (where provided).
- No more than two persons to occupy any one peg.
- No more than two rods per angler, except for three rods applying to the period from October through to April on all waters except Barham where 3 rods can be used all year round, with valid rod
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only. Mopeds/Motorcycles are not allowed on the banks.
- Observe any Special Notices that may be erected and do not occupy any reserved pegs.
- No unauthorised guests to be taken to any fishery.
- Do not obstruct any Public Footpath with fishing tackle, etc.
- No pre-baiting of swims allowed.
- Fishing allowed only from one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset (accept where Night fishing is Permitted) and the property must be vacated during the hours of darkness.
- No radios or other broadcasting equipment allowed